Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Been Awhile, I Know!

Some of you know that I started a long-term sub position in First Grade at Winterset Elementary in February. I am happy to report that the job is going extremely well. However, I now fully realize what the retired teachers meant when they said they loved being able to come in, sub, and leave. I don't think there has been an afternoon when I have left the building before 4:30 p.m. And just because I leave the building, does not mean I leave work behind. Usually my work computer is in tow so that I can work on Reading plans or Math grades. Those of you who know me well know that I am all about the details. I don't do a job half-way. I give it my all and my best!

With that said, I have had very little . . . well, . . . okay, NO time to blog, which is a bummer, because I miss catching up on the details of my friends lives as well as sharing some of the details of my own life. In fact, one of those things that I have wanted to share is that Tayia wrote me a wonderful note one morning before school and left it on my desk. She, too, has sensed the change in demand upon my time and my schedule. In the note, dated April 1, 2009, she writes, "I like you being a teacher but at least when you sub, you don't have to stay late. So please get home as soon as you can." It's true, we cannot have our cake and eat it too, as I am again finding out. Have a blessed day!

No comments: